Get out your knitting needles!
The Community Guild Studios at Slater Mill hosts its 3rd Annual Knitting Weekend January 21st through January 23rd. Beat the winter blues and chase the chill away while you learn from some of the hottest designers in knitting. This is an ideal gift for the knitters on your Christmas list!
Knitting Weekend is a great opportunity to expand your skill set, meet fellow fiber enthusiasts and shop among the local vendors in our two day Marketplace.
The weekend kicks off Friday night with a wine and cheese reception and trunk show by Gudrun Johnston, The Shetland Trader, who will be signing her newly published book of knitting patterns.
Saturday and Sunday offer a range of classes for knitters of all levels:
- Gudrun Johnston will be offering two classes: The Aestlight Shawl which focuses on traditional shawl making techniques from the Shetland Isles and Short Row Sleeve Cap, covering the basics of a seamless set in sleeve.
- Hand knitting designer Mary Jane Mucklestone returns to the Mill this year after a trip to Peru, with offerings of Andean Knitting techniques and an exploration of Color in Fair Isle.
- Fiber artist Adrienne Sloane invites you to try your hand at Knitting with Wire, while local designer Helen Bingham will guide you through the process of Designing Your Own Hat.
- For the brave hearted, Cheryl Burke, who has designs published in the online knitting magazine Twist Collective, offers Fearless Steeking, a method of uninterrupted knitting in the round, sewing and cutting to allow for sleeves or a cardigan.
- Designer Gina House, of Sleepy Eyes Knits, will be teaching a class in her popular Amanda Hat and treating us to a session of KnitStretch Yoga.
- For those of you ready to expand your love of fiber arts to another craft, RI Spinning Guild member Beth Fitzpatrick will be offering a workshop in Drop Spindle for Knitters.
Hotel rooms will be offered at a Knitting Weekend discount at the nearby Comfort Inn for those who wish to avoid commuting. To download the brochure or to register using PayPal, please visit our blog at cgsatslatermill.typepad.com.
For more information please contact Bernadette Vaughan at 401-725-8638 ext. 108 or email@example.com.